New Member Social - Wine Tasting
May 27, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sign up here and click the link:
Memorial Day Party
May 30, 2021 (rain date May 31, 2021)
Last Day of School Party
Rescheduled to June 18, 2021
June 11, 2021
TEAM AND RACING FORMAT:
- Teams consist of 2 to 4 members; however only 1-2 members can be in the boat for the race.
- Team members must be between 6 -13 years old.
- Team members racing in the boat MUST be strong swimmers.
- Race will begin at approximately 6:30 pm.
- Boats must be parked and ready for inspection by 5:30 pm
- Race must begin and end with the 1-2-person crew intact.
- Swimming and/or pulling the boat will result in disqualification.
- Create a Team Name
- Teams are encouraged to dress in the theme of their boat.
- Boats will race 1 length of the big pool.
- Participants may only race 1 boat.
- Boats will race in heats.
- Races will be timed to determine winner with fastest speed.
- Awards will be presented for: Fastest Boat, Most Creative Boat, Team Spirit, The Titanic Award for Best Sinking Performance
BOAT DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION:
- Boats must be made ONLY of cardboard and duct tape. NO reinforced cardboard tubes, no liners, tarps, pool noodles, or coated cardboard.
- Cardboard cannot be sealed with any paint or sealants. Absolutely NO use of the following items: Paint, Tar based substances, two-part varnishes, fiberglass resin, epoxy glue, any other two-part substances, or corrugated cardboard that's bonded to any material.
- Boats must be made BEFORE THE RACE and will be inspected by judges.
- Boats may be a maximum width of 60” (5ft) and a maximum length of 84” (7ft).
- Boats must be completely enclosed, or permit the crew to remain fully on top of the vessel (no legs & feet can be used to propel your boat). No raft or surfboard styles.
- Boats must be propelled by the use of paddles.
- The boat’s passenger area must not be enclosed above the occupant’s shoulders, so not to interfere with escape should the vessel begin to sink.
- Boat design is left to the builder’s imagination.
- Teams are not allowed to reinforce or adjust their boat in any way after the event has begun.
- There will be a pre-race inspection, if any illegal items are discovered, the boat will be disqualified.
**ANY RULE NOT SPECIFICALLY COVERED ABOVE WILL BE LEFT TO THE DISCREATION OF THE JUDGES*
If you have any questions or comments, please email Meaghan Harris @ Meaghan.email@example.com
Music Trivia Night
Rescheduled to July 10, 2021
Print form - make check payable to Silverside Swim Club and provide from and check to front desk. OR Email form to Meaghan.C.Harris@gmail.com venmo $25 per table to @Meaghan-Harris-3